Item #3434 - The Panther II is basically an Abrams modified for mine clearing, with the turret removed and mine rollers attached to the front. But it's more than that, for it possesses a Standardised Teleoperation System which allows it to be operated remotely from up to 2,600 feet away. Thus instead of endangering the lives of combat engineers with mine detectors, the M1 Panther II can be enlisted for clearing minefields at the rate of 5,000 square-meters per hour.
First EVER features:
- Complete all-round surface detail on the small round mine rollers
- The emergency switch-off device on the upper left side of the hull is incorporated on a kit for the first time.
- A novel double-layered rear panel allows exquisite inner detail to be seen. No other manufacturer has ever included the inner panel before.
- The world's most accurate 1:35 scale drive sprocket ever with correct lightening holes
More great features:
- Completely new molding
- Extensively researched with the latest information
- The mine roller kit assembly is fully detachable and functional. The arms can be raised or lowered, and the rollers are free to rotate
- Includes metal tow cables
- Includes clear parts for periscopes
- Hatches are hinged and can open/close
- The engine grills are perfectly rendered with the different correct patterns.
- Rear lights accurately portrayed.
-Front and rearmost side skirt panels can actually be physically swung open and close, in imitation of the real vehicle. - Highly detailed suspension with separate suspension arms.
- Photo-etched frets offer components for the MG mount and bolt heads
- Includes decals by Cartograf with numerous markings
- Metal Chains
Dragon technology used:
- Slide mold technology contributes a .50-cal MG with an opened muzzle, detailed video cameras, and accurately detailed grenade launchers.
- Convenient "Magic Tracks" are included