By buying this product you can collect up to 3 YaHobby coins. Your cart will total 3 YaHobby coins that can be converted into a voucher of $1.50.
Featuring a brand new mould for the Panzer IV H/J chassis!
- Fighting compartment with pistol ports made by 3-directional slide molds
- Interlocking detail on fighting compartment realistically depicted
- Fighting compartment roof rendered with delicate details
- Fighting compartment roof hatch provided w/options
- Fighting compartment floor has realistic texture
- Pistol port can be assembled open/closed
- Rear fighting compartment hatch can be displayed open/closed
- Accurate reproduced mount of star-antenna is newly tooled
- Star-antenna included
- StuH.43/1 L/12 main gun with slide-molded barrel
- Rifling inside gun barrel authentically recreated
- Fully detailed gun w/breech assembly
- Gun breech and recoil guard fully reproduced
- Gunner’s seat plus clear-plastic periscope represented in detail
- Slide-molded periscope with clear plastic parts is newly reproduced
Upper Hull & Engine Deck:
- Glacis plate is newly designed
- Spare track on glacis plate and lower-hull frontal armor
- New spare-track rack on lower-hull frontal armor
- Newly designed jack made by slide molds
- On-vehicle tools new for this vehicle
- Duct shutters reproduced with photo-etched parts
- New fenders with tread pattern on both sides
- Air filter newly tooled for this vehicle
- New tooling for side toolbox
- Slide-molded engine deck w/bolt detail
- Engine hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Photo-etched part for engine-deck exhaust grill
- New spare-wheel rack installed on rear of vehicle
- Newly designed side-skirt armor produced in metal for scale thickness
- Side-skirt armor brackets realistically detailed
- Side-skirt armor plates can be installed separately
Lower Hull, Suspension, wheels and tracks:
- New lower hull made by 2-directional slide mold; bolts and rivets delicately represented on hull bottom
- Brand new running gear for Brummbar - newly tooled road wheels, sprockets, idlers and return rollers authentically reproduced
- Photo-etched parts for idlers to accurately represent undercut detail
- Newly tooled Magic Track
About the "Brummbär"
Alternatively called the Sturmpanzer IV, Sturmpanzer 43 or Sd.Kfz. 166, the Brummbär was an armored vehicle equipped with a 150mm StuH 43 L/12 gun. Brummbär, which means “grizzly bear” in German, was the nickname given to it by the Allies. Based on a Panzer IV chassis, this infantry support gun was especially designed for combat in urban areas. In December 1943, the superstructure, particularly the driver’s position and periscope, and gun (StuH 43/1 L/12) were modified in order to reduce the vehicle’s weight. The resulting upgraded vehicle was known as the Mid-Production Brummbär. The Brummbär saw action on the Eastern and Western Fronts, as well as in the Italian theater.
About This "Brummbär" Kit
Dragon is proud to announce a brand new 1/35 scale kit of the Brummbär. It is a Smart Kit, and it was brought to fruition by the same design team that created Dragon’s astounding Panzer IV Ausf. F/G kits. This promises a kit that is highly accurate, and yet one that is suitable for both novice and experienced modelers. Slide molds have been widely employed to simplify assembly and to maximize the amount of detail on show. One example of this is the one-piece fighting compartment. The Mid-Production Brummbär is a popular topic for modelers wishing to portray a Sturmpanzer IV in combat.
This kit is the culmination of intensive research on a surviving Brummbär, and as modelers “walk around” the finished kit, they will find all the details that are present on the original vehicle. From every bolt to every weld seam, the kit designers have done their homework. And the icing on the cake is the fantastic box-top artwork produced by Ron Volstad. This particular Grizzly Bear will make a fine trophy in any model display!