By buying this product you can collect up to 1 YaHobby coin. Your cart will total 1 YaHobby coin that can be converted into a voucher of $0.50.
| About the Hetzer|
In 1943 the German high command ordered development of a new light tank destroyer to replace vehicles like the StuG III and Marder. Prototypes of the Hetzer, which shared many components of the Panzerkampfwagen 38(t), were ready by 1944 and mass production began in April of the same year, with 2,584 vehicles produced by May, 1945. Manned by a crew of 4, it featured a 75mm Pak 39 L/48 gun in fixed mounting, and sloped armor covering the entire hull. The Hetzer was continually modified during production, which accounts for the many differences between early, mid and later production models. The Hetzer was Germany's main tank destroyer in the latter period of the war, and made an important contribution on both the Eastern and Western fronts.
About the Model
* 1/48 detailed scale model of the mid production Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer.
* Solid, sturdy construction accurately reproduces the mid production Hetzer's unique design features, including armor, muffler, wheels and tracks.
* Precise attention to detail, including slanted armor, leaf-spring suspension, as well as MG34 machine gun.
* Lower hull features die-cast chassis for added weight and realism.
* Straight upper and lower track sections are built as single pieces for easy assembly.
* Includes decals for 3 different kinds of markings.
Tamiya has never modeled this vehicle before, in any scale or series, therefore we have chosen to release it in our 1/48 MMV scale series, which is gaining popularity because of its moderate prices and high collectability.