By buying this product you can collect up to 2 YaHobby coins. Your cart will total 2 YaHobby coins that can be converted into a voucher of $1.00.
| The U.S. Pershing Medium Tank is making its way to the 1/48 MM series. Reproducing all the detail of the original tank on a compact 1/48 scale, this model is the perfect adversary to pair with the King Tiger and other late-WWII German military vehicles.|
About the M26 Pershing
During the final stages of World War II, the long awaited successor of the U.S. M4 Sherman tank finally appeared. Designed to stand up against the heaviest of German tanks, the M26 Pershing (T26E3) was deployed in March of 1945 as part of the final push into the German homeland. M26 Pershing tanks also saw action in the Pacific, and were immediately deployed on the outbreak of the Korean War in June 1950. The M26 fought successfully alongside the M4A3E8 Easy Eight and the M46 Patton with the United Nations forces against the rival T34/85 tanks of the North Korean and Chinese volunteer armies. The M26 Pershing was well balanced for defense with its 102mm thick armor and for assault with the sheer firepower of its M3 90mm gun. Mobility was provided by a Ford GAF liquid cooled gasoline engine and torsion bar suspension. The M26 served as a model for the designs of later U.S. tanks such as the M46, M48, and M60.
About the Model
* US M26 Pershing Tank authentically reproduced on a compact 1/48 scale.
* Realistically replicated 90mm gun, distinctive cast turret and ship bottom type lower hull.
* Diecast chassis for added weight and realism.
* 3 types of decals included.
* Tank treads are assembly type, with straight upper and lower treads made of single piece for easy assembly.