By buying this product you can collect up to 2 YaHobby coins. Your cart will total 2 YaHobby coins that can be converted into a voucher of $1.00.
| Tamiya's 1/48 MM Series continues to expand, featuring a wide variety of armored vehicles from the militaries of Germany, USA, UK and the Soviet Union. Following on our recent release of the 1/48 scale German King Tiger featuring Henschel production turret, we proudly announce the Porsche turret version of the King Tiger. This distinctively shaped tank is a big hit in 1/35, and promises just as much satisfaction in 1/48 scale.|
About the King Tiger Porsche Turret
Appearing in 1944, the King Tiger was Germany's final production model heavy tank. The tank featured armor of 100mm thickness on front and 80mm on sides, and it mounted the same 88mm high velocity main gun as seen on the Tiger I. The ability to penetrate 152mm thick armor plate from a distance of 2,000 meters, coupled with strong defensive capability made the King Tiger a truly formidable foe. The first 50 tanks produced featured turrets developed by the Porsche company, which featured distinctive rounded contours. The Porsche turret versions of the King Tiger first saw action at Normandy in June, 1944, where they put their awesome firepower to use by attempting to repel the invading Allies.
About the Model
* Assembly model of the King Tiger Porsche Turret reproduced on a compact 1/48 scale.
* Amazing detailed new parts realistically replicate the distinctive round-shaped Porsche turret, tapered 88mm gun barrel and grille protective cover.
* Assembly type tracks feature straight sections made of a single link for easy assembly.
* Separately molded crew hatches can be depicted in open or closed position.
* Die-cast lower hull for extra weight and enhanced realism.
* Includes 4 sets of markings.