By buying this product you can collect up to 2 YaHobby coins. Your cart will total 2 YaHobby coins that can be converted into a voucher of $1.00.
| Following the release of our 1/48 Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G, featuring cast type Saukopf (Sow's Head) gun shield, we proudly announce the Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G Early Version equipped with normal welded type mantlet. Featuring superior detail, this kit includes choice of 75mm gun or 105m howitzer, as well as commander figure, for wide display options.|
About the Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G Early Version
Of the many assault guns utilized by the Germans in WWII, the most numerous was the Sturmgeschutz III. Based on the durable Panzer III chassis with a completely new superstructure, the revolving turret was eliminated and the short barreled 75mm L/24 gun was mounted directly onto the hull, giving the StuG III an extremely low vehicle profile. Originally intended for close infantry fire support, it was used as self-propelled artillery against enemy strong points. However, when the German forces encountered the Russian KV-I and T-34 tanks on the Eastern front, the situation abruptly changed. To cope with this Russian tank threat, the Germans were forced to upgrade their existing weapons systems. The resulting StuG III Ausf.G, built from late 1942 onwards, used a more powerful, long barreled 75mm L/48 gun.
About the Model
* Assembly model of the Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G Early Version on a compact 1/48 scale.
* Realistically replicated gun and square-shaped welded type mantlet.
* Kit allows choice of either 75mm L/48 gun or 105mm howitzer.
* Die-cast lower hull for extra weight and enhanced realism
* Kit includes 1 commander figure (torso).
* Choice of 3 sets of markings.